All of us can make a difference this season with Christmas donations.
Although Christmas can be a wonderful opportunity to spend time with your family, indulge yourself and share gifts, for some it is one of the most difficult times of the year. Many of the most vulnerable people in our communities will turn to charities for support this festive season, which makes this a very busy time for some charities.
Christmas donations impact charities throughout the year
As well as the extra pressure on their services, charities also have to focus on fundraising at this time of year. In fact, for many charities the Christmas donations will support their work throughout the year.
Ireland’s 10,000 charities make a difference to millions of lives here and around the world. They play a vital role in our society, and at some point, you or your loved ones will benefit from their work.
Charities have a huge impact on communities
In our communities, charities provide essential services in areas such as health and social care, housing, educations, poverty relief, the arts and sport. Across the world, Irish charities support some of the poorest and most vulnerable people and often, they literally save lives. Your Christmas donations save lives.
Charities come in all shapes and sizes, but they all have one thing in common: they bring together people who care about a cause so that they can make a difference. Whatever it is that you care about, there will be a charity working on it in need of Christmas donations.
Here are just a few ways you can support your favourite with Christmas donations:
- Donate to a charity with Christmas donations. If you can, commit to give something every month. Regular donations help charities to make a bigger impact.
- Leave a legacy. Include your favourite charities in your will and make a lasting impact.
- If you are sending Christmas cards, buy them from a registered charity. If you choose not to send cards, donate to a charity instead. It’s just the same as cash Christmas donations
- Support a local social enterprise. Social enterprises are social-mission focused organisations that engage in trading activity. Buy your Christmas gifts from a charity shop. Some charities also provide recycling services for old mobile phones, computers, print cartridges and other items.
- Get active for a good cause. Most us want shake off a few pounds after Christmas. Sign up for a charity run, trek or another challenge. It will motivate you to keep your New Year’s resolutions, while supporting a good cause!
Charities can only make the difference they do because of your support. Find causes close to your heart, support them and give hope to those who need it most with Christmas donations.